Best Practices - Agents: Guidance on a College Coach's Role Regarding Student-Athletes and Agents. Read more »
Best Practices - Coaches of Prospects: Guidance on Interaction with Coaches of Prospects. Read more »
Head Coaches Responsibility Document: (PDF)
Publish date: Mar 23, 2011
NCAA Division I Men's Basketball Ethics Coalition
The role of the Division I Men's Basketball Ethics Coalition is to promote ethical conduct among NCAA Division I men's basketball coaches through education, leadership and mentoring.
The Ethics Coalition is charged with :
- Identifying ethical issues facing Division I men's basketball coaches and providing general guidance to coaches on possible ways to deal with those issues through educational and reference materials.
- Providing leadership by “walking the walk and talking the talk” with regards to ethical conduct. The Coalition will be vocal in addressing ethical issues and affirmatively seeking to build a coalition of coaches committed to ethical behavior.
- Acting as quasi-mentors and resources to other coaches on ethical issues and concerns. Coalition members are available to consult with other coaches on ways to resolve ethical problems.
- John Beilein, University of Michigan
- Johnny Dawkins, Stanford University
- Jamie Dixon, University of Pittsburgh
- Donnie Marsh, Texas Southern University
- Phil Martelli, Saint Joseph's University
- Vann Pettaway, Former Head Coach
- Al Skinner, Former Head Coach
- Brad Stevens, Butler University - Chair
- Robert Williams, University of California, Santa Barbara
- Doug Wojcik, College of Charleston
- Jim Haney, NABC
NCAA staff liaisons:
- Ken Huber, Enforcement Basketball Staff
- LuAnn Humphrey, Enforcement Basketball Staff